Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Farm People Series, 2



A 4-feet drive pick-up truck. Seriously, this is a typical mode of transportation in the farm. Carabaos are not called beasts of burden for nothing. Not only do they do the plowing, but they also drag heavy things behind. Those are harvested coconuts being delivered to town. I was lucky to have met this farmer on the rough road. Can you believe, he actually stopped the carabao to let me take this photo? Nice huh.

(Layra, do you notice the sundang strapped to his waist? There's your request!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope somehow you could get back to him and show him his picture. Wouldn't he be surprised.

I think it is an excellent photograph for a variety of reasons.

Layrayski said...

He's really nice =) I like the close up shot and the lovely background. =) hahaha I see the sundang, thanks!

Hilda said...

How very nice of him!

Agnes, ano ang tawag sa ganitong kariton, yung walang gulong? Halos isang linggo ko nang iniisip — it's always at the tip of my tongue, but it just won't come out! Sa tagal nga ay nakalimutan ko na kung bakit kong gustong matandaan eh…

Unknown said...

Beautiful country scene!

turtle said...

oo, kangga sad na sa compostela valley.
(yes, it is also called kangga in compostela valley)