Thursday, October 22, 2009

A photo of a photo exhibit



Yesterday, I went to the mall because I heard there was an exhibit of local food products (haha), but it was the last hour of the last day, and the food had almost ran out. The exhibit was called Bahandi. And they were closing up. I went to another exhibit, a photography exhibit of the Camera Club of Leyte and Samar, and that's the photo above. (I didn't know there was such a club here, although one member is a friend of mine, a very serious photographer.)

I didn't like the first prize winner, nor the second, I like the basket photo at the bottom more. It's all subjective of course.. That's why I don't trust art competitions. Do you ever want your art to be "judged" by another? Usually even, by a lesser artist than you are?

1 comment:

Hilda said...

That's always what my husband and his writer friends face in lit competitions. Ah well… But they all still join when they can.