Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fire! No Fire!



So I was picking up my mail at my cousin's shop this morning, when I saw this crowd staring up at an old house. I saw a guy holding a pail throw water to the roof of the house (which obviously made the crowd laugh because the water wouldn't reach that high). Then another guy started throwing ice to the roof, it reached that high, but it didn't melt that fast. The crowd laughed again. Another guy carrying a fire extinguisher climbed out a window from the upper rooms but wouldn't step on the G.I. sheet roof because either it was too hot (from the sun) or he was scared of getting electrocuted. The crowd was cheering him on, until finally he was able to aim the fire extinguisher at the sparking and smoking electrical wiring inside the outer ceiling (dunno what it's called). The crowd cheered although you couldn't really tell if there was still smoke coming out of the roofing. There was. Then the firetruck arrived (5 to 10 minutes later), and that's the photo above. The fire was out but they broke through the ceiling to look at the damage, then the electrical company guys arrived to fix the wiring. Fast action. The city is scared of fire here, because of the wooden houses and their proximity to one another. (Sorry, no picture of the three stooges.. I was laughing too hard, or the crowd because I was one of those watching, or the house because the firetruck was covering my view. But it really happened.)



(Happened this afternoon at Sto. Nino St, between Burgos and Imelda Sts, near the gasoline station.)

6 comments:

Hilda said...

Wow. I doubt if we'd ever get a response as fast as that here. I hope no one got hurt!

Leif Hagen said...

Here come the heros - the firefighters! I have several fire trucks pictured on my blog through the months. Nice photos!

Lois said...

That's a lot of excitement!

Layrayski said...

its a good thing there are your local heroes around. =)

Tara said...

Hmmm...looks familiar. Lol. I know that guy in blue shorts.

✿France✿ said...

Bravo tes photos sont superbes et je vais revenir avec grand plaisir