Monday, October 6, 2008

Pottery Series



Starting today, I will be posting more photos of Waray people and their everyday life, and less focus on buildings and landscapes and food. I tend to forget that what defines us is our way of life and our attitude towards our environment and not what we have (or don't have). This week I will be posting a series of photos of pottery-making. It's a major livelihood in Tanauan, about 16 km away from Tacloban. So major, that even kids learn how to make clay pots early in life. In this photo, the kids are in the process of softening the clay.

2 comments:

Hilda said...

I think that I am going to like this change very much!

Stevenson Q said...

I would definitely stay tuned to this series! I love pottery!

Thank you so much for your advice comments kababayan! It helped me. I came to realize that, It's my blog and at least I'm doing what my blog has to do, and people like it, I would go on! Thanks so much! It inspired me.

I hope I can visit tacloban sometime. Syempre everyone want to see the San Juanico Bridge sometime in the lives of Filipinos jejejeje God Bless you po!

Steven^^