Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Sto. Niño Church



I've been asked to post the Sto. Niño Church, so today being Sunday, I thought I'd do my Catholic part and post the church today. This is the only good one I have while I was trying to take a photo of the bell tower. This church houses the original Sto. Niño image which got drowned along with the boat carrying it from Manila, got lost, and was found being idolized by pagan natives in Mindoro where it had been washed ashore. It was returned to Tacloban and this is mostly why the Sto. Niño Church is popular among Catholics. People here are believers of the miraculous Sto. Niño. If you want photos of the interior, you can find them in this blog. To know more about the history of the Sto. Niño image, click to read this article.

1 comment:

Son Poemas said...

Interesting post.

Gracias.